from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or constituting a precedent.
- adj. Having precedence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the force of precedent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the nature of a precedent; having force as an example for imitation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of a precedent; suitable for imitation; followed as a precedent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having precedence (especially because of longer service)
From precedent + -ial (Wiktionary)