from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The partial hydrolysis etc. of food, by enzymes or other materials, prior to normal digestion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Digestion too soon performed; hasty digestion.
- n. Artificial digestion of food for use in illness or impaired digestion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Premature or overhasty digestion.
- n. Previous digestion; artificial digestion, as of food by peptonization; digestion before eating.
From pre- + digestion (Wiktionary)