from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something that is mixed or blended from two or more ingredients or elements before being marketed, used, or mixed further: a premix of the dry ingredients in cake batter; a premix of a multitrack recording.
- transitive v. To mix or blend beforehand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A blend of components that has been mixed in advance of use or of further processing.
- n. A manufactured beverage consisting of alcohol and soft drink, milk or other non-alcholic drinks; an alcopop.
- v. To blend in advance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a commercially prepared mixture of dry ingredients
Sorry, no etymologies found.