from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In spinning: In a bobbin-frame, a flyer having a spring-arm or -finger (called presser) which presses against the bobbin to regulate the tension in winding on the yarn as it is spun.
  • n. A bobbin-frame on which presser-flyers are used.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.