from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In as fast a tempo as possible. Used chiefly as a direction.
- n. A prestissimo passage or movement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Very quickly; with great rapidity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In music, very quickly; in the most rapid tempo.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of tempo) as fast as possible
- adv. extremely fast; as fast as possible
Italian, superlative of presto, presto; see presto.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Italian prestissimo. (Wiktionary)