from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of primate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. The highest order of mammals. It includes man, together with the apes and monkeys. Cf. pitheci.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The first Linnean order of Mammalia, composed of the four genera Homo, Simia, Lemur, and Vespertilio, or man, monkeys, lemurs, and bats.
- Now, the first or highest order of Mammalia, including man, monkeys, and lemurs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an animal order including lemurs and tarsiers and monkeys and apes and human beings
Sorry, no etymologies found.