from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A machine that transfers lettering or images by contact with various forms of inked surface onto paper or similar material fed into it in various ways.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mechanical device used for printing text or images repeatedly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a press for printing, books, newspaper, handbills, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A machine for taking impressions from an inked surface upon paper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a machine used for printing
Sorry, no etymologies found.