from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A camp for detaining and confining prisoners of war.
- n. A camp detaining and confining political dissidents and other prisoners.
- n. A minimum security facility for the internment of prisoners. Also called work camp.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a camp for trustworthy prisoners employed in government projects
- n. a camp for prisoners of war
Sorry, no etymologies found.