from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make professional.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make something professional
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render professional.
- To become professional; behave or proceed in a professional manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make professional or give a professional character to
- v. become professional or proceed in a professional manner or in an activity for pay or as a means of livelihood
professional + -ize (Wiktionary)