from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the phase of the menstrual cycle immediately following ovulation, characterized by secretion of progesterone.
- adj. Of or relating to progesterone and its actions.
- adj. Having actions similar to progesterone. Used of a drug.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing the phase of the menstrual cycle, preceding gestation and after ovulation, during which progesterone is secreted
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or similar in action to progesterone
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to progesterone (or to a drug with effects like those of progesterone)
- adj. preceding and favoring gestation; of or relating to physiological changes associated with ovulation and formation of the corpus luteum
Sorry, no etymologies found.