American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the phase of the menstrual cycle immediately following ovulation, characterized by secretion of progesterone.
- adj. Of or relating to progesterone and its actions.
- adj. Having actions similar to progesterone. Used of a drug.
- adj. biology Describing the phase of the menstrual cycle, preceding gestation and after ovulation, during which progesterone is secreted
- adj. medicine Of, pertaining to, or similar in action to progesterone
- adj. of or relating to progesterone (or to a drug with effects like those of progesterone)
- adj. preceding and favoring gestation; of or relating to physiological changes associated with ovulation and formation of the corpus luteum
“Mexican pharmaceutical company, Syntex, S.A., first synthesized an orally active progestational steroid, named norethindrone, which does not exist in nature and that they supplied Pincus with this steroid for further biological work.”
“Only two years later, on October 15, 1951, the group led by the then 28-year-old Djerassi, had synthesized norethindrone, a "super-potent orally active progestational agent", which turned out to be the key ingredient in The Pill.”
“Buy Yaz Online no Prescription a simulated progestational parasynthesis and has a molecular exert oneself of 366.5 and a molecular directions of C24H30O3.”
“McDonnel AC, Van Kirk EA, Austin KJ, Hansen TR, Belden EL, et al. (2003) Expression of CA-125 by progestational bovine endometrium: prospective regulation and function.”
“The amendment revises the existing milestones and dates for performance to provide additional time to lift the clinical hold or select a second generation molecule for further development from the family of anti-progestational agents covered by the license, according to Repros (NASDAQ: RPRX).”
“Mor G, Alvero A, Guller S, Schatz F, et al. (2004) A novel immortalized human endometrial stromal cell line with normal progestational response.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘progestational’.
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for progestational.