from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The political character and practice of the proletariat; advocacy or advancement of the proletariat’s interests.
- n. Proletarians regarded as a class; the proletariat.
- n. The state, quality, or condition of being a proletarian.
- n. A proletarian word or turn of phrase; a vulgarism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition, or the political influence, of the lower classes of the community. Also proletairism.
proletarian + -ism; compare prolétairism (Wiktionary)