from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing, involving, or having the nature of a promise.
- adj. Indicating how the provisions of an insurance contract will be carried out after it has been signed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing or consisting of a promise.
- adj. Stipulating the future actions required of the parties to an insurance policy or other business agreement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing a promise or binding declaration of something to be done or forborne.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing a promise, or binding declaration of something to be done or forborne.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or having the character of a promise
Medieval Latin prōmissōrius, from Latin prōmissor, one who promises, from prōmissus, past participle of prōmittere, to promise; see promise.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)