from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The forebrain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Forebrain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The anterior segment of the brain, including the cerebrum and olfactory lobes; the forebrain.
- n. The cerebrum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fore-brain; the cerebral hemispheres, together with the callosum, striate bodies, and fornix. It may also include the rhinencephalon.
- n. All of the parts developed from the anterior of the three primary cerebral vesicles, including, in addition to those of , the thalamencephalon. Also called procerebrum.
- n. The second cranial segment, counting from before backward, of the four of which the head has been theoretically assumed to be composed. See cuts under encephalon and Petromyzontidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the anterior portion of the brain; the part of the brain that develops from the anterior part of the neural tube
Sorry, no etymologies found.