from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The form of a salt of a particular base / acid combination that has the lowest proportion of base
- n. A salt derived from a protoxide
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A salt derived from a protoxide base.
- n. a salt derived from a protoxide base or analogous compound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., that one of two or more compounds of the same metal with the same acid which contains relatively the least quantity of metal.
proto- + salt (Wiktionary)