from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Belonging or pertaining to the subclass Prototheria of monotremes.
- n. Any of the egg-laying mammals of the subclass Prototheria; a monotreme.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Primitively mammalian; primeval or ancestral, as a mammal; of or pertaining to the Prototheria in either sense.
- n. A member of the Prototheria, hypothetical or actual.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. primitive oviparous mammals found only in Australia and Tasmania and New Guinea
From Prototheria, from Ancient Greek πρωτο- (proto-, "proto-, first") + θηρίον (thērion, "beast"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.