from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Provence or its inhabitants.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Provence in France.
- n. The Provencal language. See Langue d'oc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or belonging to Provence in France, or to its old language.
- n. A native of Provence.
- n. The Romance tongue of Provence. It is the langue d'oc, and was the dialect used by the Troubadours. See langue d'oc.
- n. Abbreviated Provencal or Prov.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.