Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A surface of constant negative curvature.
- n. A sphere in non-Euclidean geometry.
- n. The surface generated by the revolution of the tractrix about its asymptote.
- n. geometry A surface generated by rotating a tractrix about its asymptote; a tractricoid
- n. geometry Any of various surfaces with constant negative Gaussian curvature.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Geom.) The surface of constant negative curvature generated by the revolution of a tractrix. This surface corresponds in non-Euclidian space to the sphere in ordinary space. An important property of the surface is that any figure drawn upon it can be displaced in any way without tearing it or altering in size any of its elements.
- pseudo- + sphere (Wiktionary)
“University of California, Irvine, imagines a "pseudosphere" called Kuen's surface as an equation, a drawing, and a glass sculpture.”
“Diagram of pseudosphere, from MacTutor History site.”
“A rash of small red lights appeared in the darkness above the section of pseudosphere.”
“Euclid's fifth postulate, that two straight -- i.e. geodetic -- lines intersect when the sum of the interior angles is less than two right angles, does not hold for geometry on the pseudosphere.”
“The shortlist is completed by The Changing World of Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Crocheting Adventures with Hyperbolic Planes, which informs its readers how to "crochet models of the hyperbolic plane, pseudosphere, and catenoid/helicoids", as well as exploring geometry and its historical connections with art, architecture, navigation and motion, and the history of crochet.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pseudosphere’.
I can't guarantee this list will be around too long, but if it unborks the front page, I'd kiss bilby.
I mean, if bears could kiss bilbies without, like, giving them bilby-heart attacks.
lolkatzenjammer, undergroundhog, chained_beartoldt..., one ghoti two gho..., bunkum pie, all piss and fair..., sumo wrestler wor..., piebaldness, telephone answeri..., bear liberation f..., a do like to b b-..., mutantric sex and 137 more...
good words related to math, physics, logic and other fields that I don't know enough of, but like anyway...
Sisyphus cooling, forbidden mechanism, false vacuum, universal extra d..., strange antiquark, strangelet, nowhere-different..., vacuous truth, deviant logic, exceptional object, monstrous moonshine, forgetful functor and 658 more...
Looking for tweets for pseudosphere.