from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small, soft-bodied, sometimes winged insects of the order Psocoptera, which includes the booklice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of the Psocidae.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of the corrodentian family Psocidæ.
- Having the characters of or belonging to the family Psocidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small winged insect living on the bark and leaves of trees and feeding on e.g. fungi and decaying plant matter
From New Latin Psōcidae, family name, from Psōcus, type genus, from Greek psōkhos, dust.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)