from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the effects of cognition, emotions, and experience on animal physiology.
- n. The school of psychology that interprets personality, behavior, and mental illness in terms of responses to interrelated biological, social, cultural, and environmental factors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of the biological basis for cognition and other mental processes
- n. The branch of psychology that interprets psychological phenomena in terms of adaptation to biological, environmental etc factors
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of biological science which treats of the interrelations or interactions between body and mind, or between states or changes in the body and states or changes in consciousness.
psycho- + biology (Wiktionary)