from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of law that deals with the state or government and its relationships with individuals or other governments.
- n. A law affecting the public.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A category of law governing the relationship between the state on one hand and persons (citizens or legal persons including corporations) on the other. Constitutional law, administrative law and criminal law are some of the major subdivisions of public law.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. A public act or statute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a law affecting the public at large
Sorry, no etymologies found.