from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Variant of pukka.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of pukka.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Good of its kind; -- variously used as implying substantial, real, fixed, sure, etc., and specif., of buildings, made of brick and mortar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Solid; substantial; real; permanent; lasting: as, a pucka wall; a pucka road: opposed to cutcha. [Anglo-Ind.]
- n. A coin: as, a pucka pice. It sometimes denotes a coin of double weight and sometimes one from the government mint.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. absolutely first class and genuine
Sorry, no etymologies found.