from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stuffed or inflated leather bag that is usually suspended so that it can be punched with the fists for exercise.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device, consisting of a tough cloth bag over sand or other material, used to practice punching.
- n. A person serving as an object of abuse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inflated ball or bag that is suspended and punched for training in boxing
- n. a person on whom another person vents their anger
Sorry, no etymologies found.