from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause (someone) to sleep.
- v. To help (someone) to bed.
- v. To render dormant.
- v. To kill an animal painlessly, often with an injection; to euthanize.
- v. To give a general anesthetic prior to surgery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. help someone go to bed
- v. kill gently, as with an injection
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.