American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The area at the end of a golf course fairway in which the hole is placed, having more closely mowed turf than the rest of the course.
- n. An area in which to practice putting.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That part of a golfing-ground which surrounds a hole: it is usually carefully prepared and preserved.
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Golf) The green, or plot of smooth turf, surrounding a hole.
- n. an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole on a golf course
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘putting green’.
List title totally stolen from she. Right, the stock entry for this list should be a two-word phrase where one of the words denotes a colour; even better if the expression has some metaphoric value...
A lits of greens: cooked leafy vegetables; pigments, paint names, compound words, etc; words and phrases that pertain to or contain "green". Please add your favorites!
See this list f...
green,how its used
Looking for tweets for putting green.