from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The area at the end of a golf course fairway in which the hole is placed, having more closely mowed turf than the rest of the course.
- n. An area in which to practice putting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The area of a golf course nearest the hole, with a smoother surface to make putting easier.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The green, or plot of smooth turf, surrounding a hole.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That part of a golfing-ground which surrounds a hole: it is usually carefully prepared and preserved.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole on a golf course
Sorry, no etymologies found.