Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In ornithology, rump-footed, as an auk, loon, or grebe; having the legs inserted far back, appearing close by the rump; of or pertaining to the Pygopodes.
- In herpetology, of or pertaining to the Pygopodidæ.
- n. In herpetology, a lizard of the family Pygopodidæ.
- n. zoology One of the Pygopodes.
- n. zoology Any species of serpentiform lizards of the family Pygopodidae, which have rudimentary hind legs near the anal cleft, but lack forelegs.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) One of the Pygopodes.
- n. (Zoöl.) Any species of serpentiform lizards of the family
Pygopodidæ, which have rudimentary hind legs near the anal cleft, but lack fore legs.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pygopod’.
Looking for tweets for pygopod.