from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Producing or produced by fever.
- adj. Caused by or generating heat.
- adj. Of or relating to solid rock formed from molten rock; igneous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. producing heat, especially in the body
- adj. producing fever
- adj. of a mineral formed from a magma at high temperature
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing heat; -- said of substances, as septic poisons, which elevate the temperature of the body and cause fever.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Producing fever.
- In geology, having an igneous origin; igneous.
- n. A rock or mineral produced by the cooling of igneous magmas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. produced by or producing fever
- adj. produced under conditions involving intense heat
pyro- + -genic (Wiktionary)