from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made by the destructive distillation of wood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Produced from wood by the action of heat, especially by destructive distillation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or designating, the acid liquid obtained in the distillation of wood, consisting essentially of impure acetic acid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Generated or procured by the distillation of wood. Also pyrolignous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a substance produced by the effect of heat on wood, especially by destructive distillation
Sorry, no etymologies found.