from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A green, brown, or yellow mineral, Pb5(PO4)3Cl, a minor ore of lead.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A yellowish-green mineral, a mixed phosphate and chloride of lead with the chemical formula Pb5(PO4)3Cl, that is sometimes mined as an ore.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Native lead phosphate with lead chloride, occurring in bright green and brown hexagonal crystals and also massive; -- so called because a fused globule crystallizes in cooling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Native phosphate of lead with lead chlorid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mineral consisting of lead chloride and phosphate; a minor source of lead
German Pyromorphit : Greek puro-, pyro- + Greek morphē, form.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)