from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A silvery white or pale green aluminum silicate mineral, Al2Si4O10(OH)2, occurring naturally in soft compact masses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soft, pale aluminosilicate mineral, somewhat resembling talc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mineral, usually of a white or greenish color and pearly luster, consisting chiefly of the hydrous silicate of alumina.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hydrated aluminium silicate, occurring in foliated talc-like subtransparent masses having a white, green, or yellow color and pearly luster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a white or greenish aluminum silicate mineral (resembles talc)
Sorry, no etymologies found.