American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An automatic sensing device that activates an alarm or extinguisher in case of fire.
- n. A high-temperature thermostat.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An automatic draft-regulator for chimneys, smoke-pipes, and smoke-stacks. See draft-regulator, under regulator.
- n. An apparatus for maintaining constancy of temperature; a thermostat; specifically, a thermostat for high temperatures.
- n. a thermostat that operates at very high temperatures
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pyrostat’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
things that check or hold in place
Looking for tweets for pyrostat.