from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An automatic sensing device that activates an alarm or extinguisher in case of fire.
- n. A high-temperature thermostat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a thermostat designed to operate at high temperatures
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An automatic draft-regulator for chimneys, smoke-pipes, and smoke-stacks. See draft-regulator, under regulator.
- n. An apparatus for maintaining constancy of temperature; a thermostat; specifically, a thermostat for high temperatures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thermostat that operates at very high temperatures
Sorry, no etymologies found.