from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the four "liberal arts" making up the quadrivium.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having four ways meeting in a point.
- n. One of the four “liberal arts” making up the quadrivium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having four ways meeting in a point; leading in four directions.
- Belonging to the quadrivium: thus, quadrivial astrology is astrology in the sense in which astrology is a branch of the quadrivium — that is, astronomy.
- n. One of the four arts constituting the quadrivium.
Sorry, no etymologies found.