from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Physics Of or relating to a quantum or a quantized system.
- adj. Physics Existing in only one of two possible states.
- adj. Biology Of or designating an all-or-none response or effect: a quantal reaction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a quantum
- adj. quantized
- adj. Describing a response that is all-or-none
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a quantum or capable of existing in only one of two states
Sorry, no etymologies found.