from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A monetary allowance, wage, or payment made or received quarterly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a quarterly payment or allowance, tax, pension, or wage paid or received
- n. the provision of quarters (as for troops) or the cost of it
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A quarterly allowance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A quarterly allowance or payment, as for tuition or rent.
- n. Quarters; lodgment; keeping.
- n. A certain special tax. See the quotation.
Sorry, no etymologies found.