from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group or set of four.
- n. The state of being four; fourness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The number four.
- n. The union of four in one, as of four persons; -- analogous to the theological term trinity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being four; the condition of making up the number four.
- n. A group of four.
- n. [capitalized] Especially, the union of four persons in one godhead. Compare trinity, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of three and one
Latin quaternitas (Wiktionary)