from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person preparing for, or taking, their final exam at university.
- n. An inquisitive person, a questioner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A questioner; an inquirer.
- n. A candidate for honors or degrees who is near the time of his examination.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who asks questions; a questioner; an inquirer; an investigator; a doubter.
- n. In old universities, the respondent in the determinations; hence still at Cambridge, a student of three years, who is consequently qualified to be a candidate for a degree.
- n. A professed questioner; specifically applied to Duns Scotus and other schoolmen.
question + -ist (Wiktionary)