from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Become quiet or quieter.
- v. To make temporarily inactive or disabled.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To be silent, as a letter; to have no sound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become quiet or calm; become silent.
- In philology, to become silent, as a letter; come to have no sound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become quiet or quieter
Sorry, no etymologies found.