from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Chiefly British To make or become quiet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make quiet.
- v. To become quiet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become quiet or still.
- To make quiet; calm; pacify.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become quiet or quieter
- v. make calm or still
- v. cause to be quiet or not talk
Sorry, no etymologies found.