American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Informal An indoor television antenna consisting of two usually adjustable rods connected to a base and swiveling apart at a V-shaped angle.
- n. An indoor dipole television antenna consisting of two usually extensible rods connected to a base to form a V shape.
- n. Plural form of rabbit ear.
- n. an indoor TV antenna; consists of two extendible rods that form a V
- n. the long ears of a rabbit
- From the shape of the ears of a rabbit. (Wiktionary)
“Then they did their normal good-night signal, two rabbit ears that waved up and down, and then the light went out.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rabbit ears’.
Things that sound edible but are not (usually). See Liberty's To Eat, or Not to Eat? for more diet food.
cat-o-nine-tails, snake in the grass, puppy love, white elephant, crocodile tears, monkey business, keep the wolf fro..., culture vulture, black sheep of th..., scapegoat, ugly duckling, swan song and 260 more...
Nouns that are common in plural form but are non-existent or rarely used in singular form.
Ear words and phrases. A companion piece to b-see--the-eyes-have-it-b and the-nose-knows.
Words or short phrases with animal names in them. Since I already have a dedicated list for 'monkey' words I shall leave them out of this one for the moment.
My R Words
Looking for tweets for rabbit ears.