from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A course or track for racing, especially harness racing.
- n. A tube that encloses and protects electric wires.
- n. See race2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place where races are held. A racetrack.
- n. An easily-accessible conduit or tray for organizing runs of data or power cabling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An artificial passage for water flowing from a fall or dam; a mill-race. Compare mill-race. See race.
- n. in fish-culture, a fishway.
- n. In a composing-machine, a space into which type drops; a device for carrying type along.
- n. A protecting tube or other inclosure surrounding electric wires within a subway or conduit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a course over which races are run
- n. a canal for a current of water
Sorry, no etymologies found.