from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The frequency of the waves transmitted by a specific radio station.
- n. A frequency in the range within which radio waves may be transmitted, from about 3 kilohertz to about 300,000 megahertz.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That part of the electromagnetic spectrum, between about 3 kHz and 300 MHz, within which radio waves are transmitted.
- n. A frequency in this range.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an electromagnetic wave frequency between audio and infrared
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.