from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various marine protozoans of the order Radiolaria, having rigid siliceous skeletons and spicules.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of many marine amoeboid protozoa, of subclass Radiolaria, having filamentous pseudopodia; they have intricate silica skeletons
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Radiolaria.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Radiolaria; containing or consisting of radiolarians.
- n. Any member of the Radiolaria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. protozoa with amoeba-like bodies and radiating filamentous pseudopods
From New Latin Radiolāria, order name, from Late Latin radiolus, diminutive of Latin radius, ray.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From New Latin radiolaria + -an (Wiktionary)