from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the radiophone
- adj. Describing sound effects created to accompany radio broadcasts as background music
- adj. Describing a type of sound art practice that extends the established radio drama and documentary form by the use of sonic abstractions. Perhaps first used by Pierre Schaeffer in his Essai Radiophoniques and subsequently taken up by the BBC to describe their famous BBC Radiophonic Workshop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to radiophony, or the production of sound by the action of a beam of light and heat; relating to the radiophone, or produced by it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or by means of radiotelephony
Sorry, no etymologies found.