from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device for measuring rainfall. Also called pluviometer, udometer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device, used in meteorology, to measure rainfall; a pluviometer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an instrument for measuring the quantity of rain at any given place.
- n. an instrument of various forms for measuring the quantity of rain that falls at any given place in a given time; a pluviometer; an ombrometer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. gauge consisting of an instrument to measure the quantity of precipitation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.