from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cyst on the underside of the tongue caused by the obstruction of a duct of a salivary gland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small cyst on the floor of the mouth, under the tongue, which is associated with an obstruction of the major salivary gland.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cyst formed under the tongue by obstruction of the duct of the submaxillary gland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cystic tumor caused by the obstruction of the duct of a small mucous gland on the under surface of the tongue, the so-called Blandin-Nuhn gland.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cyst on the underside of the tongue
Latin rānula, swelling on the tongue, diminutive of rāna, frog; see ranunculus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)