from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An unprocessed natural product used in manufacture.
- n. Unprocessed material of any kind: These data are the raw material for the analysis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A material in its unprocessed, natural state considered usable for manufacture.
- n. Any input to a factory or other installation which processes it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. material that has not been subjected to a (specified) process of manufacture.
- n. any crude, unfinished, or elementary materials that are adapted to use only by processes of skilled labor. .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. material suitable for manufacture or use or finishing
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.