from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who rears (nurtures children or animals).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, rears.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who rears or raises; one who brings up.
- n. A rearing horse, ass, or mule; an animal that has a habit of rearing.
- n. In coal-mining, a seam of coal having an inclination of more than thirty degrees.
to rear + -er (Wiktionary)