from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To turn (a computer or operating system) off and then on again; restart.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instance of rebooting.
- n. The restarting of a series storyline that discards all previous continuity.
- v. To cause a computer to execute its boot process, effectively resetting the computer and causing the operating system to reload, especially after a system or power failure
- v. To discard all previous continuity in a series and restart the series.
- v. To restart a (computer or video game) from the beginning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to load (an operating system) and start the initial processes
re- + boot (Wiktionary)