American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who refutes or rebuts.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who rebuts or refutes.
- n. An act of rebutting; specifically, in law, an answer, such as a defendant makes to a plaintiff's surrejoinder. Compare surrebutter.
- n. One who drives back or repulses
- n. One who makes a rebuttal.
- n. law A rebuttal; the answer of a defendant in matter of fact to a plaintiff's surrejoinder.
- n. To apply more butter to something.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Law) The answer of a defendant in matter of fact to a plaintiff's surrejoinder.
- n. a debater who refutes or disproves by offering contrary evidence or argument
- n. (law) a pleading by the defendant in reply to a plaintiff's surrejoinder
- re- + butter (Wiktionary)
“But neither the official rebutter nor the people's rebutter had the vision or grit to propose transitioning our "unconstitutional, America-raping healthcare bill" into a "private sector job creator" wealthcare bill.”
“But neither the official rebutter nor the people's rebutter had the vision or grit to propose transitioning our "unconstitutional, America-raping healthcare bill" into a "private sector job creator"wealthcare bill.”
“If you need to bake in shifts, cool and rebutter the tins before refilling with batter.”
“Caroline seems to be rebutter and fan in chief for JC.”
“The first clash was a _butter_ and a _rebutter_, their heads coming together, fairly making the _wool_ fly.”
“A swarm of brochures in rejoinder and rebutter issued from the press, and the nineteenth century had come in before the controversy was quite forgotten.”
“Gien 't warna for what I see in him, I wad hae a gran 'rebutter to her claim; for hoo cud ony wuman's ain son hae sic a scunner at her as I hae”
“Now he's hyping Bachmann; it's the Tea Party Express that's sponsoring her speech opposite official GOP rebutter, Rising Star™ Paul Ryan.”
“It was now the corporal's turn to put in a rebutter.”
“There is another topic he takes up more seriously, and as a general rebutter to the charge.”
Looking for tweets for rebutter.