from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who refutes or rebuts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who drives back or repulses
- n. One who makes a rebuttal.
- n. A rebuttal; the answer of a defendant in matter of fact to a plaintiff's surrejoinder.
- n. To apply more butter to something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The answer of a defendant in matter of fact to a plaintiff's surrejoinder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who rebuts or refutes.
- n. An act of rebutting; specifically, in law, an answer, such as a defendant makes to a plaintiff's surrejoinder. Compare surrebutter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a debater who refutes or disproves by offering contrary evidence or argument
- n. (law) a pleading by the defendant in reply to a plaintiff's surrejoinder
rebut + -er (Wiktionary)
re- + butter (Wiktionary)