Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of retaking; reprisal; in law, the retaking, without force or violence, of one's own goods, chattels, wife, or children from one who has taken them and wrongfully detains them. Also called reprisal.
- n. law The lawful claim and recovery, by a person, of goods wrongly taken from him
- v. transitive To assign a new caption to.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Law) The act of retaking, as of one who has escaped after arrest; reprisal; the retaking of one's own goods, chattels, wife, or children, without force or violence, from one who has taken them and who wrongfully detains them.
- re- + caption (Wiktionary)
“I cunnint see it either, so clicked on “recaption” and could sees it dere.”
“I submitted the picture a wee while back with my own caption but what I didn't know is that other members can recaption pictures and resubmit them.”
“If somebody comes up with a good recaption, gimme a challah.”
“January 17, 2009 at 8:47 pm jim lindsey – my favorite recaption so far!”
“Ai haz interwebs exploder, but no pikchoor unless Ai clikk on teh recaption button”
“I can has FyrFox and can has piktur bai clickn on teh recaption buton also.”
“July 9, 2008 at 10:35 am teh ghost ob recaption dis!”
“August 24, 2009 at 3:44 am they should make a recaption with”
“At that time the existence of involuntary servitude, or the relation of master and servant, was known to and recognized by the laws of every State in the Union except Massachusetts, and _the legal right of recaption by the master existed in all_, AS A PART OF THE CUSTOMARY”
“But I am no decent people, I get frustrated, take yesterday's lolcat, recaption it and post again.”
Looking for tweets for recaption.