American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A medium-sized eastern North American maple (Acer rubrum) having reddish twigs and buds.
- n. A tree of the species Acer rubrum
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Bot.) a species of maple (Acer rubrum). See Maple.
- n. maple of eastern and central America; five-lobed leaves turn scarlet and yellow in autumn
- From the reddish color of its flowers, petioles, twigs and seeds, which distinguish it from other maples. (Wiktionary)
“He looked back to make sure I was following, then stopped at a place from which we could see bags marked with red maple leaves travelling upwards on an endless belt of bag-sized ledges, only to be tumbled off the top and be manhandled by two smoothly swinging muscular workers.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘red maple’.
how red is used
The flowers and trees of states and nations.
camellia, forget-me-not, saguaro cactus, apple blossom, Calafornia poppy, Rocky Mountain, mountain laurel, peach blossom, American beauty rose, orange blossom, Cherokee rose, pua aloalo and 210 more...
Looking for tweets for red maple.